Saturday, February 25, 2006

PABLO NERUDA

Pablo Neruda, Nobel Prize winning poet fought for the Republic in Spain in 1936 and 1937.

POETRY

And it was at that age...Poetry arrived
in search of me. I don't know, I don't know where
it came from, from winter or a river.
I don't know how or when,
no, they were not voices, they were not,
words, nor silence,
but from a street I was summoned,
from the branches of night,
abruptly from the others,
among violent fires
or returning alone,
there I was without a face
and it touched me.

I did not know what to say, my mouth
had no way
with names
my eyes were blind,
and something started in my soul,
fever or forgotten wings,
and I made my own way,
deciphering
that fire
and I wrote the first faint line,
faint, without substance, pure
nonsense,
pure wisdom
of someone who knows nothing,
and suddenly I saw
the heavens
unfastened
and open,
planets,
palpitating planations,
shadow perforated,
riddled
with arrows, fire and flowers,
the winding night, the universe.

And I, infinitesmal being,
drunk with the great starry
void,
likeness, image of
mystery,
I felt myself a pure part
of the abyss,
I wheeled with the stars,
my heart broke free on the open sky.
Pablo Neruda

12 Comments:

Blogger durrati said...

hey everybody. whattheheh asked about my intention to attempt to contact my Osheroff to thank him for all he has done. Google rendered this website that gives pretty much all of his contact info...

http://www.alba-valb.org/announcements/osheroff2.html

The site also has some art work and more of Dolores. I intend to at least e-mail and probably sent him a letter. Thanks

D.

3:00 AM  
Anonymous WhattheH said...

Thanks for the Neruda. It's beautiful. I needed a bit of beauty today - I had to say goodbye to one of my four legged companions of many years last night and was feeling very sad.

3:58 AM  
Blogger durrati said...

I'm sorry.
I got shitcanned at work. Seem like things are tough all 'round :(

5:23 AM  
Anonymous WhattheH said...

Does that mean you're nexpectedly job hunting? If so, I'm so very sorry.

5:53 AM  
Anonymous WhattheH said...

I meant "Unexpectedly".

5:54 AM  
Blogger Sgt Marks-a-lot said...

D. - Very sorry to hear that you lost your job. Hope something good comes along for you.

whattheh - If I have time I will write something over at Libby's. Sorry to hear about Holmes passing.

1:34 PM  
Blogger durrati said...

Marks-o, some of my art was review in a regional magazine that came out today. Talk about iron shitcanned and yer fifteen minutes on the same day!

5:01 PM  
Anonymous WhattheH said...

Your art is beautiful, so enjoy your fifteen minutes, if that's all it is, but one thinks it may turn out to be much more.

4:13 AM  
Anonymous MzNicky said...

durrati: Truly sorry to hear about your shitcanning. the bastards!

If it makes you feel any better, I got rejected today for a copyedit job. Me, MzNicky! Rejected for a COPYEDITOR'S job! Which I only wanted for the health insurance benefits anyway!

Of course I sneer at their obtusity! The world is run by illiterate children! But my future health-care needs are in their idiotic, ridiculously worthless hands! What on earth are we to do!

Grow old, get sick, and die, I suppose, as Buddha reminds us all we will, anyway.

Best of luck to you, artistic one.

6:17 PM  
Blogger durrati said...

Thanx Nick,

We shall struggle on, at least we have not accummulated the bad karma of a trust fund baby, and I have many friends... see ya at JG
D.

R.E health care: we should be in the streets

8:42 PM  
Anonymous MzNicky said...

durrati: We should, or else we shall be eventually.

9:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

NSU - 4efer, 5210 - rulez

5:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home