Sunday, February 05, 2006

JUAN OF THE BLACK AND RED

I am Juan, fisher's son,
Barceloneta I now run,
By day I boat just where I might,
Then chase fascists through the night,
I have no use for government,
I have friends who pour cement.

The priests have no use for me,
I carry rope that they might see,
Priests should not make a fuss,
But leave the governing to us,
I have more of God in my buttered toast,
Than priests have in a thousand hosts!

The leech who once took the let,
Now calls me comrade, when we've met.
I address him almost civilly,
Tap the carbine at my knee,
Funny he mentions not the lease!
I give fish to his pretty niece.

You shits who used to run this place,
Remember well this ugly face,
This man whom you would like to tame,
Will die before you rise again!
Black are my eyes, my blood red on cement,
I have no use for government.

-Durrati



3 Comments:

Anonymous Wineguy said...

Brilliant!

3:27 PM  
Blogger durrati said...

Thanks so much wineguy (if you are not snarking on me) I do hope you come back. I will leave "blunts" to simmer a while unless i see somethin I can't not respond to...
Did you see my Rant at the end of the "fountainhead great book" post?
I guess I do need to go to "bitches" (by that I mean Lozo) i want you to see this...
D.

4:25 PM  
Anonymous WINEGUY said...

No snark. Great poetry. Lozo's a load but he's easily avoided -- not worth my time.

5:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home